of no fixed subtitle
March 11, 2005
Guess the Movie
Personally I couldn't guess a single one. But the pictures are fascinating and bizarre -- apparently movie clips with the people edited out but not the clothes.
18 years ago
Cool. I got a few, should we pool our resources?
I got 3 so far...
Wait, so these aren't all outtakes from "Hollow Man?"
Very cool -- thanks!
I got one myself.
2. Unforgiven. 9. Full Metal Jacket. 11. Lawrence of Arabia. 30. Hellraiser. 33. Forest Gump. 47. The Matrix. 55. Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid. 61. Schindler's List. 71. Sleepy Hollow. 72. Godzilla.
I got 20 on my first go round. Which is shocking cause I am not one of those anal film buff types. There are some pretty good contextual clues for some of them.
6. The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.
15. Saturday Night Fever. 51. Grease.
Well, if we are giving answers... (games spoilers ahead) 5. My Girl 8.Sleepless in Seattle 15. Saturday Night Fever 16.filed of Dreams 18. Pulp Fiction Project 31.A Christmas Story 34.Office Space 37. The Fisher King 38.Shrek 58.American Beauty 65.Deliverence 68.The Breakfast Club
umm.. Field not filed
4. Almost Famous 28. The Blair Witch Project 41. Broadcast News 52. Top Secret 67. The Full Monty
and dammit... 28. Blair Witch Project I swear I previewed, just not very well
65. Deliverance. 62. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory... that's about where I fizzle out.
I don't know what 29 is, but it looks like a movie that I would enjoy.
10. Dogma? Jay and Silent Bob at least. 26. Ladykillers. 51. Grease. 57. Boogie nights. 66. Waterboy?
12. Goonies? I can't tell without a larger picture.
uncleozzy: 29 is Eyes Wide Shut
I think you mean Eyes Wide
. (Thanks, really!) I have been trying not to cheat but at this point I give up. So here's what I've got that isn't listed yet: 10. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back; 32. Good Will Hunting; 40. Swingers; 49. Scream; 59. The Fast and the Furious; 70. White Men Can't Jump
54. Changing Lanes.
7. Dark City 25. Mr. Deeds 27. A Knight's Tale 35. Caddyshack 39. Four Weddings and a Funeral 46. Trading Places
Feh, forgot 63. Jerry McGuire
12. is Gremlins. I almost thought it was An American Werewolf in London, but then I noticed the Christmas decorations.
Bah! 24. The Fugitive 43. Porky's 44. Panic Room (it's Fincherriffic!)
I got 18 on my first try.
I'm surprised no one got 21. Ransom. Not many movies with TV screens and huge wads of cash in the same place, I would have thought.
So, 1, 3, 13, 14, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 26 (not ladykillers), 36, 42, 45, 48, 50, 53, 56, 60, 64, 69 are still not identified.
The boyfriend and I looked together... cheating? I don't care :P without reading comments (31 out of 72): 5. My Girl 7. Dark City 8. Sleepless in Seattle 9. Full Metal Jacket 10. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back 11. Lawrence of Arabia 12. Gremlins 15. Saturday Night Fever 16. Field of Dreams 18. Pulp Fiction 27. Knights Tale 28. The Blair Witch Project 30. Hellraiser 31. Christmas Story 33. Forrest Gump 34. Office Space 35. Caddyshack 38. Shrek 43. Porky's 46. Trading Places 47. Matrix 51. Grease 54. Changing Lanes 57. Boogie Nights 59. Fast and the Furious 61. Schindler's List 62. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory 63. Jerry Macguire 66. The Waterboy 68. Breakfast Club 71. Sleepy Hollow
#1 - Dead Poet's Society #42 - The Cable Guy Those are the only two I can fill in. First run through I only got 6, and I love movies...this is hard, but wicked cool. Great post.
god damn I kept thinking 45 was dead poets. well spotted on cable guy. 45, guy with chalkboard behind him, word 'alley' and what looks like map of a building and hes in some kind of basement or back room type thing, pipes on walls. Gotta be able to figure that one out.
67. The Full Monty 69. Wet Hot American Summer
How could I have not recognized Grease? *slaps forehead* I got, like, ten. Nothing that everyone else hasn't id'ed already.
56. Bachelor party (arrows in the wall were my tip-off) 60. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
64. Very Bad Things
I got 10 as well, don't think any that are new. I don't think I've seen that many of the others. 6. The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (took forever to get the guess right - I knew it right away, but couldn't spell the title!) 10. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back 11. Lawrence of Arabia 15. Saturday Night Fever (it was the clothes - I haven't actually seen this) 16. Field of dreams 27. A Knights Tale (too easy - who could forget the whacked costumes that one character wore?) 37. The Fisher King 47. The Matrix 61. Schindler's List (Because it was B&W, but not old) 67. The Full Monty (out of sinc dancing) I was thinking something Burtonesque for #71, but I've never seen Sleepy Hollow. It's funny - when you know something, you just know it. Looking longer didn't help me - I either knew right away, or didn't.
a copy of the page with what we have collectively filled out
. (obviously lots of spoilers if you haven't played yet).
19! Buffalo '66! Thanks for your help, breasts of Christina Ricci!
53. Naked Gun
14. Do the right thing
25. Mr. Deeds 48. Inner Space
23. Lost in America (Name That Itch: I had a gut feeling about #48; that just looked like Dennis Quaid's jacket from the movie, but I didn't try entering it...)
Ooh! 45. Reservoir Dogs (only since I watched it last night...)
Actually, isn't that Martin Short's jacket? Wow, I shouldn't know things like that.
And thank you very much,
, for allowing me to waste away a Friday afternoon!
No, you're right - Quaid never wore a nametag in the movie. Now why is the one with the red suspenders giving me so hard a time? I want to say it's Bobcat Goldthwait but I'm not sure... it's not Scrooged, Pee Wee Herman or Revenge of the Nerds, anyway.
50. Is Planes Tranes and Automobiles, which I put in on a total guess (like, it just came unbidden from my fingers as I thought "What movie have people been in a hotel...?" I got a bunch of the ones that were stumbling blocks for you guys, but only after someone else had already posted... Hmm... My father would be good at this; he's borderline asbergers.
Oh, and 53 is Major Leagues.
Nope, nevermind. (Read, you idiot, read.)
So that leaves: 3. 13. 20. 22. 36.
Can't. Stop. Until. Finished.
No, 53 is Naked Gun. Major League didn't have any Angels players, it was about the Indians. If it is Major League then the script accepted the wrong answer from me. Planes, Trains and Automobiles... Damn, another one I suspected but didn't try. I was systematically going through movies in which I remembered bad shirts...
Um... anyone want to try guessing the bus with baby scene?
has an estensive archive of films in which a bus appears.
(If you guys want both more of these images/quizzes and the solutions to them, they're
No! No more addictive quizzes! *burst into tears* ...
I believe in 48 it's Martin Short wearing Dennis Quaid's jacket. :)
Does it help that 22's bus is a Santa Monica Big Blue Bus?
Rock! 36 is the Britney Spears vehicle, Crossroads. I'd like to clarify that I've never seen it, but knew that purse was something recent.
First try guessed @ 35 got 15 right will spend the rest of the night on this one.
70. White Men Cant Jump (that Parental Advisory t-shirt was memorable)
34. Office Space (pieces of flair)
I frightened everyone in my office when I figured this out in 10 minutes. All I needed to do was crack the password to find the answers. Fulfilling? no....but it was awesome to see the looks on their faces.
Got 13 on my go. How sad is it that I got Buffalo '66 by recognizing Christina Ricci's body?
Only four left to go:
3. 13. 20. 22.
Okay, I'll do it: Monkeyfilter: Thanks for your help, breasts of Christina Ricci! (and I mean that sincerely)
Oooh... this is great. I got 18 on my first try, and that was only putting in the ones I was sure of. Now, though - 3, 13, 20 and 22... them's tough bastards.
20. I Am Sam 22. Bowfinger Goddamn 3 and 13!!!!
thank goodness, I thought everyone had given up.
3. Big Fat Liar 13. Waiting For Guffman ...and, for the record, everything I contributed here since "Insomnia" was thanks to google. No big fanfare or anything for finishing the damn thing, either. It just shows you the same page, with answers filled in. For those of you who want to impress your friends, or just want some closure, the answers are stored in
a text file
on the server.
(Oh. I guess it does offer you a little reward: a photo of a cookie at the bottom. How nice.)