October 03, 2007
SF/Bay Area Meet-uppery Your presence is required in the city of San Francisco, in the county of San Francisco, in the state of California, in the country of United States, on the planet of Earth, third planet from the Sun, which is a yellow dwarf star near the inner rim of the Orion Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, which floats in space somewhere left of Ceti Alpha V.
I've always thought it would be nice to have a meetup at the Exploratorium, where there's lots to do and see and many hilarious photo ops and SCIENCE! After which we could adjourn to a Marina eatery or drinkery and mock the Marina people whom we all hate, don't we? Or we could just get stupid at the El Rio and gorge on burritos after. Other suggestions are welcome. WHEN?!?!? November 10, 11, or 12. Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Afternoon or evening. Which is best for you?
highly suggestibleopen to suggestions. Afterwards, if we're still conscious, there's Sparky's Diner to soak up the booze. All within stumbling distance of each other. And if you're nice to me, I'll show you where I flashed the fire truck - that's over on 14th Street.
I thank you for my phone call. I lay in bed grinning for a half hour afterward. Never have I been so delighted to be woken up in the middle of the night -- except for the time my friend called from jail in Nashville because he got drunk and took out a fire hydrant, but that was only funny after the fact.
- quidnunc had his first ever Twinkie, and loved it.
- I have promised to name my next child "quidnunc."
- Telephone static combined with background bar noise sometimes sounds like the phrase "filthy foreigner."
- Hey! It's me! And it's Koko! And it's me! And Bone! And me!
- Filthy foreigners may not appreciate the full cultural import of eating their first ever Twinkie, even if they did have fun being hammered at Safeway.