The guy from the gas company noted that the metal piping next to it was heavily corroded, indicating that this situation had probably existed in excess of a year (they changed water heaters about a year and a half ago). I've already checked out what some of the possible effects (other than death, of course) long term CO exposure can lead to and it's pretty scary. The landlord performed a temporary fix and will be replacing it tomorrow. My question is, what should I do? I have two roommates and they don't seem to have had any effect, but I've experienced about half of the more minor effects listed here.
Carbon monoxide poisioning I need some advice and assistance. While in my basement this evening, I discovered a ventilation pipe coming out of my heater was completely disconnected. I called both the landlord and the gas company and they both came and BOTH stated that it was carbon monoxide coming into our basement.