December 31, 2005
Curious Resolutions 2006
: So what are your New Years Resolutions? If you actually try to make any, that is?
12 years ago
Mine are to stop drinking til March and to stop killing the Jews.
Maybe I'll get a job this year. Yawn. Scratch. Fart. Anyone know where the funny papers went?
This is the first year I've made any resolutions. They're astonishingly typical - lose weight, etc. Maybe I'll add in "stop eating red meat" and "stop consuming refined white sugar" because I do live in Seattle and those are the sorts of things people here seem to like hearing when you say them.
My resolution is the same one I've made for three years now -- but this year I'm going to make it happen. For real! My new year's resolution is to cease using arbitrary measures of time's passage to alter my habits and behaviors.
I'm going to poop more. Also, I'm going to stop trusting the voices in my head.
Eschew 'em. Gesundheit.
Learn how to drive. Go to Turkey. See Terry Pratchett (ok, not quite a resolution as it is a wild hope, but what the heck) Go vegetarian for a month.
Given the successfulness of past resolutions, this year I am resolving to be an antisocial lazy bastard.
Rid myself of the fuckhole asshat that I used to call a girlfriend. Frigid bitch. What... me bitter? :)
I resolve to do stuff and things. And things and stuff. Also, to show as much apathy as possible about the switch from 2005 to 2006. And possibly, to entertain the notion of the possibility of thinking about considering the idea of maybe getting a date sometime this coming year. Or not.
One that's the same as last year: to drink more. One that's new: quit my crap job for good and go out on my own.
resolution for the new year : hire me to design your collateral and develop your websites!
1. continue to have stopped smoking 2. spend less time at work 3. visit the gym more often
4. conduct myself in a manner that is pleasing to mothra
i'm thinking maybe one of
Less sugary things.
My first resolution is to revitalize my own blog, so
I put them all there
I've actually never done resolutions before, but this year I resolve to make some resolutions. The first one shall be.....to drink more. I really need to relax a little bit. I'm just so.....tense. Second shall be to get a job. I need to get out of the house and away from the kids a little more often. Third shall be to make more time for "ME". Because I totally deserve.
hmmm...just the usual. to continue working towards my goal of global domination and to finish writing my f'ing novel and go to the gym more and boink my husband more and stop being such a lazy slacker so I can achieve global domination.
Yes, those sound good. I'll take one of each.
Yeah... go to the gym more. Get a career instead of just a job. Actually live life and notice things instead of running on automatic most of the time.
My resolution is to make it through 2006.
Too, what if the voices tell you to poop less?
Tool, that is
Darshon, go for it! I totally support you, um in spirit, since I can't affor more. But you GO!!
I was frankly alarmed by MCT's poop remark. He/she needs to qualify all poop related comments. This is getting to be a disturbing trend.
Wow, this New Year's resolution to drink more is soooo working for me, right now. And it's only 10:27 pm. Awesome.
I love you, cynnbad. And not just 'cause I'm drunk!
1) Marry my fiance in October. 2) Finish the task I've worked on all this year - streamlining my life, especially in terms of belongings. 3) Either finish my damn zine, or write more and submit more to other ppl's stuff, or both. 4) The yearly goal: read over 50 books. Last year I read about 90 and looked at a few dozen more (either so many pics you can't call it "reading", or "I only read a few pages and got bored). I'm not sure what the number is for 2005 yet.
1) Write at least one article per month 2) Do some goddam music practice instead of relying on instant ear-wit 3) No, I don't really have any 4) OK, I could drink less 5) The usual woolly-minded mixture of good intentions and lack of will 6) You lookin' at me? Huh? The
My resolution for 2006 is to make Netflix my personal bitch.
2006 sees The year of the bees And more f'ing novels or personal travels more poetries.
I'm resolved to actually post a link to Monkeyfilter without fucking it up entirely. And, at some point, try to gather all the Seattle Monkeys for a meetup!
I'm so behind. 1. Not be so behind. 2. Paint my bedroom. 3. Rewrite MoFi. 4. Beat #2 on the Playstation. 5. Uh...be nice.
1. Less MoFi 2. More real people 3. Seriously
1. Less unwarranted mockery of kit. 2. Eat better. Exercise. 3. Taste great. Less filling.
Notice how he qualified that with "unwarranted"?
1. More warrants.